Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1014
In 2016, I did a podcast about a coming threat to dentists’ incomes – mid-level dental therapists. According to a recent article, various states that have so-called “dental deserts” are pushing legislation to empower dental therapists. I’ll spell out the implications, and what dentists need to do to prepare, when we come back.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dental therapists are now authorized to practice in Minnesota and in “dental deserts” in Alaska and Washington – Native American communities.
– There’s a strong bipartisan effort in numerous states to expand the states in which dental specialists can practice.
– There could be 6 or more states this year that allow dental therapists.
– It won’t be surprising if even more states join the “movement.”
– Now, dental therapists must practice under a dentist’s supervision, but they can practice remotely.
– If your practice is in an underserved area, you may have more competition for routine matters like uncomplicated extractions, dental fillings, and dental education.
– You may welcome some help initially, but if there’s money to be made, other practices will likely begin sending additional dental therapists into your area.
– And that could spell trouble down the road.
– Looked at another way, there’s more competition coming, whether you practice in a dental desert or not.
– New, hungry dental graduates and corporate dentistry will be posing a challenge before you know it.
– And you need to be prepared to meet that challenge.
– You won’t compete on an even playing field against corporate dentistry.
– They have deeper pockets, longer hours, and can undercut you on price.
– Why not get ahead of the game?
– Go to smartboxdental.com/blueprint and schedule a Patient Attraction System Blueprint™ Session. They are reserved only for serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.