Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1242
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– When did dentistry stop being fun, and why?
– When did dentists start rushing between operatories seeing way too many routine patients?
– If you feel like you’re on a treadmill going nowhere, you have a lot of company.
– Most dentists these days are working too hard for too long for too little.
– That’s the result of a “me too” marketing approach.
– Dentists tend to market based on low price, specials, discounts, and dental insurance.
– There are a number of problems with that approach.
– One is that it gets you into a price war with your competitors.
– That keeps driving down prices, which shaves your margins to the bone.
– Another problem is that it typically gets you low-value prospects with no loyalty to your practice.
– That keeps you spending more on marketing to replace them.
– Traditional dental practice marketing keeps you working too hard for too long for too little.
– Yeah, that’ll take the fun out of dentistry and keep you running between rooms.
– So, that’s how dentistry arrived at this sad state of affairs.
– How’s it working out for you?
– Hopefully, you’re happy, fulfilled, and optimistic about the future.
– Hopefully, you’re able to work at a relaxed pace and on cases you enjoy.
– Hopefully, you have time and energy for family, friends, and yourself.
– Or are your days pretty much the same old, same old?
– Are your days filled with routine, low-value, and simple cases?
– Are you feeling chained to your practice and wondering how long you’re going to be able to keep going?
– Dentistry is too good a profession to be this bad.
– The way to make dentistry everything it should be is to retarget your practice marketing.
– In almost every market, around 20 to 30 percent of dental prospects just don’t care about what you’re advertising.
– These better prospects aren’t driven by price, insurance, discounts, or specials.
– They’re looking for something different – the right dentist for them.
– Better patients have the ability and willingness to pay more for the dentist they choose.
– As a group, better patients tend to be very loyal to a dental practice.
– Their lifetime value to your practice is many times what you get from price shoppers and one-and-dones.
– With better patients in your chairs, you can work less, earn more, and enjoy life.
– Dr. David Porter of Gillette, Wyoming, has a particular goal in mind with his marketing.
– He said, “My expectations are certainly changing often, but really, I want flexibility.
– “If I want to practice less days per week, which I think at some point I will, I believe SmartBox is going to be able to help me do that.
– “If it’s to bring on some type of an associate, I think that SmartBox is going to be able to help me in that direction as well.
– “It’s really helping me gain control of what I want to do rather than things being dictated to me.”
– Flexibility and choice – those sound like good things for you to have.
– SmartBox will help you get there.
– We provide a steady stream of better patients so our doctors can focusing on doing the dentistry.
– And SmartBox dentists can do a lot more of the cases they really enjoy.
– That sounds a lot like freedom, and as Dr. Abernathy pointed out, that’s what you should be working toward.
– Get started by visiting smartboxdental.com.
– Reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll conduct a 25-minute phone call with you and take the results from that call to create your completely personalized Patient Attraction Roadmap™.
– Your free, no-obligation Roadmap will give you recommendations for thriving in your market.
– Stop working toward more work.
– There’s a better way, and it runs through SmartBox.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.