Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1253
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– If you’re like most dentists these days, your practice is slammed with patients.
– You might be working longer hours or even staying open more days to meet the demand for services.
– If you were in practice during the aftermath of the Great Recession, your patient numbers are probably pretty reassuring.
– They shouldn’t be reassured, because as the last economic downturn proved, that flood of patients can dry up to a trickle almost overnight.
– Every economic boom is followed by a contraction.
– There’s no telling when the next contraction will happen or what will trigger it.
– There’s also no way to know whether that contraction will be mild or major.
– In the event of a major downturn in the economy, what will happen to your dental practice?
– As we saw back then, when there’s a severe contraction, companies lay off or terminate employees in large numbers.
– No more paycheck, no more dental insurance, no more dental work.
– When a breadwinner becomes unemployed, the available funds are used for basic needs.
– Health care, including dental care, can become something of a luxury.
– There goes your patient base, and if you’ve staffed up to meet the current demand, you may be faced with letting some people go … or taking a pay cut yourself.
– The current “ground” under your practice is composed largely of low case value patients.
– But it’s not the only ground in your market.
– There’s firmer ground that won’t be affected by an economic downturn.
– The higher ground is composed of better dental patients with considerable discretionary income and savings.
– They’re not driven by low price or insurance.
– Better dental patients have the ability and the willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– That means you can work less and earn more.
– You won’t be stuck on the dental treadmill of routine, boring, low-value cases.
– Here’s a pro tip – the right dentist for better patients isn’t the discount dentist.
– Dr. Ryan Shepherd of Albuquerque, New Mexico, didn’t have time to figure out how to attract dental patients, but he found a solution.
– He said, “After I did one of the SmartBox webinars, I really felt confident that you guys knew what you were doing …
– “… and that you could take me from point A to point B with virtually no pain on my part and relatively little involvement on my part.
– “And that’s important to me because I don’t have time to become an expert; I’ve gotta be a dentist, I’ve gotta be a business owner.”
– Dr. Shepherd’s dental practice is on much firmer ground now.
– Your practice can be, too.
– Visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– Invest 25 minutes of your time in a phone call that will allow your practice to thrive in good times and bad.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– It’s yours to use however you wish – there’s no obligation.
– Don’t leave your dental practice on quicksand when you can take and hold the high ground in your market.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.