Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1252
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– I talk with dentists nearly every day, and I consistently hear the same thing from them.
– Their practices have become pressure cookers.
– Those dentists are sprinting between operatories because their schedules are slammed.
– They’re working more hours and even staying open more days in some cases trying to keep up.
– And yet, they’re not really making all that much money in exchange for countless hours spent hunched over the chair.
– There are several factors driving dentistry’s high-pressure environment, and they’re all related.
– The first is the rise of corporate dentistry.
– The chain practices and large dental groups have efficiencies of scale that very few dentists can hope to match.
– Their overheads are far lower than yours, so they can afford to be the low-price leaders in your market.
– The second factor is the move by dental insurance companies to shift costs to patients.
– Wages haven’t come close to keeping pace with the increased cost of providing dental care.
– Patients without much discretionary income but with dental insurance are looking for the lowest price.
– That’s exactly why corporate dentistry is siphoning off new patients.
– The third factor is record numbers of new dental school graduates who owe an average of $260 thousand in student loans.
– Those cash-strapped dentists are fuel for the corporate machine, which is offering huge sign-on bonuses and tuition repayment programs.
– But some new dentists are able to obtain venture capital to start up their own practices, increasing competition even further.
– And like other dentists in your market, they offer low prices, specials, discounts, and insurance acceptance.
– So, to sum up – there are a lot more people looking for dental care, but only at the lowest price and with insurance acceptance.
– And you run, and run, and run during your workdays while you make not enough money on each patient.
– If this sounds like a self-defeating trap, that’s because it is.
– But there is a way out, and Dr. Raleigh Pioch of Salem, Oregon, found it.
– He said, “I thank my lucky stars I discovered the way to break free.
– “For me, my practice is the path to true freedom.
– “I want to be free to live a full life and have the money to do it!
– “And it’s hard to be ‘free’ if you’re stuck behind a chair 24/7.”
– Dr. Pioch became a SmartBox dentist and escaped the self-defeating trap.
– In fact, he increased his collections from $800 thousand to $3.2 million in just 6 years.
– SmartBox works with hundreds of dentists on 3 continents to help them escape the dental pressure cooker.
– We provide a steady stream of better patients so our doctors can focus on doing less dentistry for more money.
– SmartBox dentists work less, earn more, and enjoy life again.
– Discover what SmartBox can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– There’s no obligation – it’s yours to use however you wish.
– Dentistry doesn’t have to be a high-pressure job, but until and unless you market for the patients you want, it will be.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.