Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1007
Over the next several weeks, SmartBox Web Marketing will be moving all of its dentists’ sites from an HTTP version to an HTTPS version. If that sounds equally bewildering and scary, relax. I’ll be back after the break to tell you just how painless and how great the Great Dental Website Migration will be for you.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching this episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Website security is becoming an increasingly important issue for businesses of all sizes.
– That’s why SmartBox is moving all of our dentists websites to more secure HTTPS versions.
– The Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure, or HTTPS, provides the secure and private online experience that website users have come to expect.
– HTTPS is an internet communication that protects the integrity and confidentiality of data between the user’s computer and the site.
– If SmartBox already controls your practice’s domain, there is absolutely nothing your practice needs to do.
– If your practice still controls its own domain, then there are a few minor tasks you’ll need to perform.
– However, your CSM will provide all the necessary instructions and walk you through the process if needed.
– That’s the painless part.
– Here are the benefits of HTTPS that you can expect.
– Encryption keeps exchanged data secure between the user and your website.
– No one can “listen” to their conversations, track their activities across multiple pages, or steal their information.
– Data Integrity keeps data from being modified or corrupted during transfer, intentionally or otherwise, without being detected.
– Authentication proves that your users are communicating with the intended website.
– Authentication also protects against “man-in-the-middle” attacks and builds user trust, which is exactly what you want your website to do.
– HTTPS is an SEO Ranking Signal that Google preferentially uses to index secure pages over unsecured pages.
– You may see improved organic search ranking.
– HIPAA compliance: HTTPS meets the standard mandated for HIPAA-compliant websites.
– HTTPS eliminates browser warnings and signals.
– Your prospects have an uninterrupted browsing experience.
– And finally, HTTPS eliminates the risk of phishing and other cyber attacks.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast when I’ll explain what we’ll do to migrate your website to a secure version.
– Until then, keep moving forward.