Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1148
There’s a lot of talk in marketing circles about market positioning. The idea is that when a couple of main competitors are in a market, one competitor assumes the dominant position by heavily advertising that its services or products are superior. You can spend a huge amount of money trying to “prove” that your dental practice is better. But only one position in any market matters, and that’s the position that leads to success. I’ll tell you how to position your practice for success when we come back.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– It’s a given that the level of dental competition varies by market.
– Some practices have 1 main competitor while others may have several, or 10.
– Different practices might enjoy unique advantages, such as location or length of time in the community.
– In a complicated market, trying to overcome other competitors’ advantages is a hard thing to accomplish.
– And going head-to-head against the competition can be very hard on your advertising budget.
– A dominant market position requires a lot of maintenance, so if you’re going to try that approach, you’d better have very deep pockets.
– It’s almost always a mistake for dentists to try to fight their competition where the other practices are strong.
– It’s a waste of time and money that could be used in better ways.
– There’s a way to neutralize an opponent’s marketing strength that basically costs you nothing.
– That’s because it’s a natural by-product of a different approach to attracting patients.
– With an opponent’s strength neutralized, you’re free to move your practice into the success position.
– The success position for a dentist is to become the only logical choice to solve prospects’ dental problems.
– Does that sound like marketing mumbo jumbo?
– It’s not.
– It’s part of a proven approach to attracting more and better dental patients.
– And that approach is SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– You don’t have to take my w ord for it.
– Here’s what Dr. Raleigh Pioch of Salem, Oregon, has to say.
– He wrote, “The level of competition we have is astronomical.
– “The odds are against us, so I just need you to put everything in my favor.”
– So, did the Patient Attraction System work for Dr. Pioch?
– In his own words, here’s what happened.
– “I’m living proof that Colin’s strategies WORK.
– “They work so well that they helped me take my practice from $800,000 to $3.2 million in just 6 years.
– “We couldn’t stop the growth.
– “It’s hard not to feel like you’re in the middle of a new patient ‘gold rush.’
– “But I guess that’s exactly what it is!”
– I should note that Dr. Pioch sold his practice for a handsome amount and opened another.
– SmartBox took Dr. Pioch to the dominant position in his market, but we didn’t do it through quick-hit, price-driven advertising.
– We didn’t fight his competition where they were strong.
– We used his website, social media, blog, drip marketing, offline marketing, and much more to position him as the preferred dentist for his market.
– That’s the success position, and he owned it.
– The results speak for themselves.
– SmartBox works with more than 550 dentists on 3 continents.
– We provide a steady stream of new patients so our doctors can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System ™ can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– You can focus on doing the dentistry.
– We’ll keep your chairs filled.
– Put your dental practice in the success position with SmartBox.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.