Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1195
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox.
– If you’re not social media savvy, it can be kind of bewildering.
– There are thousands of sites with odd names like Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and many, many others.
– With so many choices, how are you supposed to know which ones your dental prospects are on?
– Even if you’re on social media, it’s hard to know where to invest your time and attention.
– SmartBox’s research and experience shows that there are just 3 social media platforms worth the effort for dentists.
– Those 3 are Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn.
– Let’s start with Facebook, the undisputed king of social media.
– Facebook claims to have over 2 billion users worldwide.
– There are 200 million users in the U.S.
– That’s nearly 2 out of 3 people in the country.
– The sheer number of people using Facebook is reason enough to focus on it.
– The odds are overwhelming that most of the prospects you want to attract have Facebook accounts.
– The demographics you want are on Facebook, too.
– Roughly 53 million users are between the ages of 25 and 34.
– 38 million are between 35 and 44.
– And 32 million are ages 45 to 54.
– More women than men are on Facebook, and women are usually the dentistry decision-makers in a household.
– Facebook has been limiting the organic reach of posts.
– Currently, it’s below 6 percent and headed downward.
– But paid Facebook ads offer a host of options for targeting the people you want to reach.
– If you were going to focus on only one social media platform, Facebook would be it.
– But dentists need to look at a wider audience.
– Over 90 percent of people today begin their search for a dentist online.
– Google is still the undisputed king of search with a three-fourths market share.
– And when people search for a dentist in your market, hopefully they’ll find your practice.
– Once they do, they’ll see your Google+ page.
– Your Google+ page is essentially a build-out of your Google My Business page.
– The sidebar that appears in a search can contain patient reviews about their experiences in your practice.
– And it serves as a source of additional information for prospects.
– Dentists want to carefully consider how they can best use Google+ and make it a vital link in their marketing efforts.
– The last vital social media platform for dentists is Twitter.
– With its current 280-character limit, Twitter is the easiest and fastest way to engage current patients and prospects online.
– The demographics of Twitter are in dentists’ favor.
– 37 percent of Twitter users are between ages 18 and 29, and one-quarter are 30 to 49 years old.
– Facebook, Google+, and Twitter are the 3 most profitable social media platforms for dental practices.
– However, maintaining a strong social media presence is something almost all dental practices struggle with.
– The whole purpose of social media is to create engagement between people, or people and companies.
– You and your staff are busy, and there’s no time for responding promptly to online comments and questions.
– SmartBox’s full-package dentists only need to handle the day-to-day posting on social media.
– SmartBox creates and auto-posts a vast amount of original, informative, and helpful content to keep the social media platforms relevant and boost their SEO.
– Every month, we add professionally written blogs, infographics, videos, quizzes, and more to our doctors’ Facebook and Google+ pages.
– Maintaining our doctors’ social media presence is part of our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System™ can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your free Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll show you how we can double or even triple your practice.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.