Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1196
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I know thousands of dentists, and I practically grew up in a dental practice.
– I know the impact that slow times have on dentists’ incomes.
– And I know that most dentists don’t have a solid plan to deal with those low points.
– You don’t have to grin and bear it when your chairs are empty.
– I’m going to share 3 tips to help insulate your practice against downturns.
– And then I’m going to give you the best tip of all.
– Tip Number 1: Set up a series of public events throughout the year.
– The exact nature of the events that will work for you depends on your practice and your market.
– But here are some ideas.
– Educational lectures on various dental problems and solutions are always a good idea.
– By getting in front of the public, you become more than just another faceless dentist.
– You become a known quantity for prospects in your area.
– And if you present yourself as likeable, approachable, and expert, they’ll remember you.
– July and August are often slow months, so consider holding a lecture during one of those months.
– Tip Number 2: Expand your hygiene department’s availability.
– Cleanings and exams can be a steady source of income during slow times.
– Offering a half day on weekends or extended hours a couple evenings a week can bring in new business and even out your cash flow.
– And some of those opportunistic cleaning appointments can turn into ongoing patients.
– That means repeat appointments throughout the year.
– Tip Number 3: Take advantage of seasonal opportunities.
– New patient starts are usually slow in December.
– Consider running a special on teeth whitening to appeal to the pre-holiday party segment.
– Whitening patients can become regular patients.
– Those are all pretty good ideas for closing the gap during slumps.
– But there’s a better way.
– That better way is to get more and better patients.
– Let’s be clear – everybody deserves quality dental care.
– But better patients are better for the dental practice.
– Better patients aren’t motivated by dental insurance, low price, or specials.
– What those patients value is an ongoing relationship with a dentist they trust, like, and regard as the dental expert for them.
– And usually, once they choose that dentist, they’re fiercely loyal.
– When you have a much higher number of loyal patients who aren’t afraid of the cost of care, you don’t have to fear the slow times.
– That’s because your slow times will still be as high or higher than your good times before.
– The proven way to get more and better new patients is with SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– More than 550 SmartBox dentists on 3 continents are enjoying more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– You can, too.
– Just go to smartboxdental.com and reserve your free Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll show you a Patient Attraction System™ that can double or even triple your practice.
– And you don’t need to concern yourself with the downtimes.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.