Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1016
It always amazes me how many dentists don’t accurately track their marketing ROI. It’s not always within their control; many dental marketing firms don’t provide the tools to figure out what you’re getting for your hard-earned dollars. I’ll be back after the break to tell you a better way to know how well your marketing is working.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Return on investment is one of the basic measurements of success for any business.
– Opinions vary on what ROI dentists should expect from their marketing.
– But a return of 200 or 300 percent is much lower than you need to grow your practice.
– That measly return has to cover your overhead, labor costs, and much more.
– Here’s a question, though – are you even getting that return from your marketing, and how do you know?
– Research shows that dental patients perform poorly when asked to recall the specific ad or marketing piece that influenced them to book an appointment.
– So just asking them when they call or at the time of admission isn’t going to tell you what parts of your marketing are working.
– And it’s not going to tell you what parts you’re wasting money on because they return few, if any, patients.
– At SmartBox Web Marketing, we’re able to tell our dentists exactly what their respective ROIs are.
– That’s because we use Zetetics® phone tracking to identify the source of each new patient call.
– We also monitor every new patient call for every dentist every month.
– We can do that because the calls are automatically recorded and stored in a database.
– If there’s a problem on the front end with handling new patient calls, we can alert the dentist.
– Every new patient caller lost is money out the dentist’s pocket.
– You might be wondering what ROIs our dentists enjoy.
– That varies, of course, but I’m proud to say that many of our dentists have ROIs between 1700 and 4600 percent!
– ROI is too important to be left to hearsay or chance.
– Dr. Matthew Burton, a cosmetic and family dentist in Florida, really values our phone tracking services.
– He told us,“I think that the greatest service that SmartBox has added recently is having SmartBox’s team listen to and grade our phone calls.
– “That really eliminates a lot of time for me.
– “I don’t have time to go back and listen to all the phone calls.
– “Ninety percent of them are “change my appointment” or do something simple and just not a valuable use of time.
– “If I have your team kind of highlighting these calls – “Here’s the ones you’ve got to listen to…” – we can grow from that.
– “We can get better answering or fielding those calls, and it can do nothing but help drive new patients in the future.”
– Join us for our next podcast.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.