Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1031
As of December 2016, Instagram had 600 million active users. That puts it in third place in social media after Facebook and Twitter. Not all of your dental prospects will be on Instagram, but many of them will be. That makes Instagram an excellent medium to appeal to your prospects by creating a strong brand. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Social media is something of a crapshoot for dentists.
– Facebook has metrics measurements tools that have had some problems, but those are probably the best available on social media.
– For the other social media platforms, measuring your return on investment is just too difficult.
– Still, Instagram’s emphasis on photos gives you the opportunity to build a strong online brand without doing a lot of content writing.
– Here are 5 tips for using Instagram to build and extend your brand.
– Number 1: It’s all about the pictures.
– Stunning photography is a large part of what sets Instagram apart from other platforms.
– Your photos must stand up and stand out among strong competition.
– Your photo captions have to grab, entertain, and/or inform your readers.
– Number 2: Make your bio engaging and complete.
– The more your followers know about you and what you do, the closer they’ll feel to you.
– Dentistry is your focus, but you’re more than a dentist.
– Number 3: Hashtags are your friends.
– Creating and using hashtags are an excellent way to get your posts shared.
– Shared posts potentially broadens your audience and the number of followers.
– Number 4: Create a posting schedule.
– Maintaining an online presence requires you to offer new content regularly.
– Number 5: Interact with your followers.
– Social media is designed to facilitate socializing.
– You need to reply to comments to maintain the conversation.
– Build your brand on Instagram to attract more new dental patients.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.