Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1130
If you’re like most dentists, you’re not fond of the selling process. That’s understandable. You didn’t go to dental school to learn to sell. Good thing, because you almost certainly didn’t learn anything like selling in school. You’ve had to make it up as you go along, or try to follow someone else’s selling model. And no matter what you do, you get too many “no’s” even from patients who desperately need the care. But what if you don’t have to do any selling because your patients are ready to say yes before they become patients? Does that sound like a fairy tale? Stick around. After the break, I’ll tell you how to get to yes way more often than you do now.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Selling dental case solutions to patients is usually a frustrating business.
– All too often, new patients respond with suspicion rather than acceptance.
– To some extent, we can blame bad dentists and corporate dentistry for the problem.
– More and more news stories are surfacing about dentists who recommend unneeded treatment – not just in corporate practices, but even by private dentists.
– There are even more stories appearing in the media about botched dental treatment, sometimes with horrific results.
– You know, and I know, that these cases are outliers.
– The general public probably knows that, too, on one level.
– On another level, honorable and capable dentists become tarred with the same brush.
– It’s not fair, but there it is.
– Dentists are having to work harder to sell themselves and their case solutions because of the actions of a relative few.
– Dentistry is a trust-based profession at its core.
– You need to trust the person who’s going to put hands and sharp instruments into your mouth and do things to your teeth and gums.
– Anything that impairs that trust makes it harder to get to yes.
– If you follow this train of thought through to the end, you’ll realize that becoming the trusted dentist to your prospects is more important than ever.
– That’s a hard thing to convey effectively in newspaper ads, on radio or TV, or in postcards.
– These days, the place to begin building trust and rapport with your prospects is the internet.
– Well over 90 percent of people begin their search for a dentist online.
– That’s where they’ll first see your name and begin to form an impression.
– Every bit of your online marketing has to work together to convey to prospects that you’re the right dentist for them – not just the lowest-price one.
– Prospects need to view you as relatable, likable, trustworthy, and expert.
– They need to come to see you as the best and only logical choice to solve their dental problems.
– That takes time, consistency, and lots of “touches” with your prospects.
– Your website, your blog, your social media, your patients’ testimonials, and your own doctor videos have to focus on the same goal.
– That goal is to convince prospects before they ever set foot in your practice that they can trust you and believe you.
– When you accomplish that goal, your new patients are predisposed to believe you when you tell them what care they need.
– They’re also predisposed to agree to pay because they can’t see themselves price shopping the doctor they’ve already invested in.
– The process I’ve just described is the essence of what SmartBox’s Patient Attraction System™ accomplishes for our dentists.
– We position them as the best and only logical choice for better patients, those with the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– We help more than 550 dentists on 3 continents get more and better patients.
– And we help those dentists get to yes way more often.
– Are you interested in seeing a Patient Attraction System™ that can double or even triple your practice?
– Not to mention making the selling process much more fun?
– Then visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– We’ll show you how you can get to yes a lot more often and a lot easier.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.