Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1251
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Following the Great Recession of 2008, dentists were struggling to keep their chairs filled.
– The massive unemployment caused families to prioritize food, clothing, and shelter over dental care.
– Now, the U.S. is near or at full employment, and the dentistry business is booming.
– And the patients are back with a vengeance.
– However, just because someone is employed and has dental insurance doesn’t mean they have money to spend on dentistry.
– Wages haven’t come close to keeping pace with the increased cost of providing dental care.
– So it’s not surprising that dentists are getting a flood of low-value new patients.
– That’s not to say you can’t make money in this scenario.
– But with dental insurance companies cutting reimbursements, your margins will be thin.
– So you’ll have to see a huge number of patients to compensate.
– That’s happening now – the dentists I talk with say they’re practically on roller skates, flying between rooms to keep up.
– When it comes to long-term success, this is the wrong track.
– It’s too hard on you, your staff, and your equipment.
– It keeps everyone on staff working too long for too hard for too little.
– It doesn’t provide enough return for all your efforts.
– And it keeps you chained to your practice.
– Dr. Michael Abernathy, founder of Summit Practice Solutions, has this to say.
– “If you’re not working towards something that’s going to give you freedom, what in the world are you working towards?
– “I’ll tell you: MORE WORK.
– “There’s a better way. You just need the blueprint to build it.”
– The better way is to get better patients, patients with the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– Better patients aren’t overly concerned with low price or insurance coverage.
– They’re generally fee-for-service and more than happy to pay.
– Typically, they’re also very loyal to their chosen dentist, so their lifetime value to your practice is huge.
– However, you won’t get better patients with your current marketing approach.
– You need an integrated system to position you as the only logical choice for the better patients in your market.
– SmartBox works with hundreds of dentists on 3 continents.
– We provide a steady stream of better patients so our doctors can focus on doing the dentistry and more of the dentistry they love to do.
– SmartBox dentists can work less, earn more, and enjoy life again.
– The takeaway is that low price, discounts, or insurance don’t attract better dental patients.
– Shifting your marketing to appeal to the better prospects in your market pays dividends.
– Dr. Thomas Feder of Belleville, Illinois, discovered just that after he became a SmartBox dentist.
– “Our average case value has increased,” Dr. Feder said.
– “People are coming in looking for dentures and implants.
– “The practice is now overwhelming our dental lab.”
– Discover what SmartBox can do for your dental practice.
– Visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– It’s yours to use however you wish – there’s no obligation.
– Better dental patients are the cure for working too hard for too long for too little.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.