Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1166
I hate to say it, but there’s a herd mentality among dentists. What I mean by that is that dentists tend to market their practices like other dentists – on price, availability, discounts, and insurance acceptance. They don’t take the steps to set themselves apart from their competition, so to prospects, one dentist is as good as another. The dentists who succeed on their own terms have the grit and determination to forge their own paths. When we come back, I’ll tell you how to buck the “system.”
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– I know thousands of dentists, and I’m amazed at how few make any effort to stand out.
– I’m also amazed at how many dentists are frustrated by how their practice is going but make no real effort to change.
– You know the saying – if you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.
– But change seems to be hard for a lot of dentists.
– Even though they’re getting a lot of low case value patients – price shoppers, insurance-driven patients, and one-and-dones – they keep on marketing the same way.
– I don’t know whether that’s you, but if it is, the time has come to forget the traditional dental marketing approach.
– I say that because competition is heating up in almost every market.
– If corporate dentistry isn’t in your market now, it will be.
– If practices in your area haven’t joined a dental service organization yet, some of them will.
– If new dental school graduates haven’t opened new practices in your market, just wait.
– It’s not a case of getting what you’ve always gotten – you’ll get less.
– I don’t mean to sound all doom and gloom, but those are the facts.
– So if there was ever a time to rebel, it’s now.
– But I understand that completely revamping a dental practice’s marketing approach is a lot of work.
– In fact, it may be too much work for the typical busy practice.
– Dr. Ryan Shepherd of Albuquerque, New Mexico, was ready to change, and he chose SmartBox.
– He told us, “After I did one of the webinars, I really felt confident that you guys knew what you were doing.
– “You could take me from point A to point B with virtually no pain on my part and relatively little involvement on my part.
– “And that’s important to me because I don’t have time to become an expert; I’ve gotta be a dentist, I’ve gotta be a business owner.
– “I knew that in order to make a significant stride and a significant change, it was going to have to be something that was a significant investment.
– “I wasn’t shocked in the least when I was told how much this was going to cost.
– “And when I break it down, I think it’s absolutely worth every penny of it.”
– You can succeed on your own terms with SmartBox.
– We take care of providing a steady stream of better patients.
– You’re freed up to focus on doing the dentistry on higher-value patients.
– That means less work, more money, less hassle.
– It even means time away from the practice for most dentists.
– Discover what our industry-leading Patient Attraction System® can do for you.
– Visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll discuss your goals, your capabilities, and your particular market.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– If you have it in you to be renegade dentist, the future is wide open.
– SmartBox will help you get there.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.