Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1222
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– It’s easy to get distracted by the antics of the stock market.
– The roller-coaster ride that began in January took a lot of people’s eyes off the fundamentals.
– There’s almost universal agreement that everything looks good for the economy.
– Taxes are down, wages are up, and we’re experiencing a very healthy growth rate.
– The one worry continues to be inflation, and that is something to keep an eye on.
– When everything becomes more expensive, dental care often gets bumped down the list for consumers.
– But overall, this is the time when dental practices should be raking it in.
– There are a few things that can get in the way of that.
– One is the overall level of competition, which is at an all-time high.
– More new dentists are graduating, new practices are opening, practices are being sold, and corporate practices are springing up in more markets.
– It’s easy for one doctor’s advertising to get lost in the shuffle.
– That’s especially true if what they’re offering is the same as everyone else – low price, discounts, and insurance acceptance.
– Which brings up the second problem – the dental insurance plans are shifting more of the payment burden to patients.
– Treatment that patients might have accepted in the past may be beyond their ability to pay for now.
– And the third thing is that price advertising doesn’t give prospects a reason to choose you … unless yours is the lowest price, which cuts deep into your margins.
– Dentistry shouldn’t be a commodity business, but low-price advertising sure makes it look that way to prospects.
– If you want to thrive during these boom times, you’ll need to take a different approach.
– You can learn from what the marketing powerhouses have done.
– Apple is a great example.
– It’s hard to say whether Apple’s phones are better than Samsung’s in any meaningful way.
– But Apple has done a great job selling the experience and the status of owning an iPhone.
– They might have hit a wall by trying to sell a thousand-dollar pocket computer, the iPhone 10.
– But that’s only because they’re in a commodity business and need huge sales.
– You don’t need huge sales, you just need to keep your chairs full.
– The lesson here is that promoting the experience is the way to go.
– By taking that different approach to marketing your practice, you can set yourself apart from the great mass of dentists.
– Standing out in your market is a key factor in getting more patients and, just as important, better patients.
– That’s the essence of what SmartBox does with its industry-leading Patient Attraction System®.
– We provide systems-based, comprehensive marketing that works 24/7 to produce a steady stream of new patients so our doctors can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Dr. Sean Hanson of Salem, Oregon, is a believer in the power of our Patient Attraction System®.
– He said, “We had probably 20-30 new patients, maybe 40, before SmartBox per month.
– “Last month, we almost hit 70. We were at 69. Before that, our highest total was 57.
– “Definitely, we’ve seen the influx of new patients.
– “The fact that we’re getting 70 new people a month that are still willing to come and see us on a Monday through Thursday type deal –
– “Which I know isn’t ideal for most people – means that we’re doing something right, and you guys are doing something right.
– “Because we’re driving people to our door who want to come in and will make an adjustment to their schedule to come and see us and make it a priority.”
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System® can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– The time to make money is now, and you’ll make much more of it with SmartBox.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.