Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1221
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– It’s not an exaggeration to say that a dental practice’s future depends on the quantity and quality of its new patient stream.
– And realistically, a practice needs both kinds of patients:
– A certain number of short-term patients and a good number of long-term patients who represent a much higher lifetime value.
– The vast majority of dentists promote their practices by advertising low price, specials, and insurance acceptance.
– Sure, there’s information on their websites about the services and comfort features they offer, but that’s mostly background information.
– The main thrust, and the major marketing expense, goes toward advertising to bring in new patients right now, or at least soon.
– It’s an approach that works fairly well, except when it doesn’t.
– That’s the way most successful dental practices operate.
– Their success level depends on market demographics and the level of competition they face.
– So there are variables that are pretty much out of their control.
– But what about the really successful practices?
– I’m talking about practices that are on a strong growth trajectory – practices whose bottom lines are consistently fatter month after month.
– And practices whose new patient stream is constantly improving in terms of both quantity and quality.
– Those practices are doing something very different.
– They’ve decided to take a different approach to getting new patients.
– Rather than focusing on price and insurance, they’ve chosen to become the only logical choice for dental prospects.
– Dr. Katie Post in Rochester, Minnesota, is one such dentist.
– She said, “Since 2002 to 2008, my practice was slowly growing.
– “Unfortunately, when you looked at the total collections for the practice, it had been at 2.1 million when I came and slowly had dropped every year.
– “And the year I bought in, it was at 1.8 million.
– “SmartBox has been very instrumental in the growth of our practice going from 250 to 300 to 350 new patients per month …
– “… contributing ideas to us on marketing techniques, helping us evaluate the effectiveness of how much money I’m spending …
– “… and where I should effectively spend that to make it the most effective.”
– Dr. Post brings up a good point.
– You can throw a lot of money away on multi-channel marketing that doesn’t work.
– Research shows that dental patients are very bad at recalling which advertisement motivated them to pick up the phone.
– You might have 4 or 5 marketing channels working, but only 2 are returning enough new patients.
– Practically no dental practices can afford to waste marketing dollars.
– So if you’re not tracking your marketing to determine which channel is giving you the highest return on investment, you’re shooting yourself in the foot.
– SmartBox provides phone tracking for our dentists, like Dr. Post.
– And our team of Call Quality Analysts listens to every recorded phone call every month.
– We know which channels are producing and how well.
– And we can advise dentists when there’s a problem with their front office’s phone technique that’s costing them new patients.
– It’s all part of our industry-leading Patient Attraction System® that’s helping more than 550 dentists on 3 continents get more and better patients.
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System® can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– We’ll show you how SmartBox provides a steady stream of new patients so you can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Take your practice’s future into your own hands by partnering with SmartBox while you keep doing the dentistry.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.