Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1184
Word-of-mouth recommendations from dental patients aren’t gone by any means. What’s changed is that the vast majority of dental prospects go online and research that doctor after getting a recommendation. Your online reviews play a huge role in your prospects’ decision to choose you over a competitor. If your reviews don’t portray you as the trustworthy and relatable dentist, the best prospects in your market will choose someone else. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how to position yourself as the dentist of choice for the prospects that will allow you to work less, earn more, and enjoy life again. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dentists today are viewed as being competent unless proven otherwise.
– That’s both a plus and a minus.
– It’s a plus because no dentist is automatically assumed to be more competent than another.
– It’s a level playing field, so to speak.
– And it’s a minus because it gives prospects no reason to choose one dentist over another except for price and dental insurance acceptance.
– That’s how dentists get into price wars where only the practice with the deepest pockets wins.
– And when you get right down to it, nobody has deeper pockets than the corporate dental practices.
– It’s just like Walmart, which has greater financial resources and unbeatable economies of scale compared to small retailers.
– When did dentistry become the equivalent of small stores competing with Walmart?
– This is absolutely not how you should conduct what’s routinely ranked as one of the 2 best professions in the U.S.
– Because, let’s face it – in a fight between a small store and Walmart, the big guy always wins.
– The only way that the small shop competes successfully is to attract a different customer base.
– That’s the kind of people with greater discretionary income who aren’t driven by the lowest price.
– It’s people with money who can afford to be choosy, even when it comes to their teeth.
– That’s why your online reviews are so crucial.
– Reviews are social proof in this internet age.
– They’re proof for the better prospects in your market that you’re more than just another dentist.
– Reviews help to establish you as the trustworthy, relatable dental expert that better prospects are looking for.
– The more highly positive 4- and 5-star reviews the better, because your star rating is a snapshot of you and your practice.
– If your star rating is 4.2 but a competitor’s is 4.8, many prospects won’t even read your reviews.
– Research has shown that most people trust online reviews as much as they trust recommendations from colleagues or friends.
– Managing your online reputation is vital for getting more new patients.
– But you and your staff probably don’t have time to continually monitor your online reviews.
– Enter SmartBox’s RAVE™ Reputation Management System.
– RAVE automatically solicits reviews from your existing patients following each appointment.
– RAVE publishes your reviews to popular review sites such as Google and Yelp, where they factor into your website’s search rating.
– Your practice is immediately notified of all new online reviews so that you or your staff can quickly deal with any negative reviews.
– RAVE is the smart solution to protecting your online reputation.
– You can learn more by visiting the RAVE review site at ravereviewsystem.com or by calling SmartBox’s Digital Practice Consultants at 502-509-1413.
– Your online reputation is vital to your continuing success – particularly if you don’t want to go head-to-head with the Walmart of dentistry.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.