Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1250
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dentists today are viewed as being competent unless proven otherwise.
– That’s both a plus and a minus.
– It’s a plus because no dentist is automatically assumed to be more competent than another.
– It’s a level playing field, so to speak.
– And it’s a minus because it gives prospects no reason to choose one dentist over another except for price and dental insurance acceptance.
– That’s how dentists get into price wars where only the practice with the deepest pockets wins.
– And when you get right down to it, nobody has deeper pockets than the corporate dental practices.
– It’s just like Walmart, which has greater financial resources and unbeatable economies of scale compared to small retailers.
– When did dentistry become the equivalent of small stores competing with Walmart?
– This is absolutely not how you should conduct what’s routinely ranked as one of the 2 best professions in the U.S.
– Because, let’s face it – in a fight between a small store and Walmart, the big guy always wins.
– The only way that the small shop competes successfully is to attract a different customer base.
– That’s the kind of people with greater discretionary income who aren’t driven by the lowest price.
– It’s people with money who can afford to be choosy, even when it comes to their teeth.
– That’s why your online reviews are so crucial.
– Reviews are social proof in this internet age.
– They’re proof for the better prospects in your market that you’re more than just another dentist.
– Reviews help to establish you as the trustworthy, relatable dental expert that better prospects are looking for.
– The more highly positive 4- and 5-star reviews the better, because your star rating is a snapshot of you and your practice.
– If your star rating is 4.2 but a competitor’s is 4.8, many prospects won’t even read your reviews.
– Research has shown that most people trust online reviews as much as they trust recommendations from colleagues or friends.
– Managing your online reputation is vital for getting more new patients.
– But you and your staff probably don’t have time to continually monitor your online reviews.
– Enter SmartBox’s RAVE™ Reputation Management System.
– RAVE automatically solicits reviews from your existing patients following each appointment.
– RAVE publishes your reviews to popular review sites such as Google and Yelp, where they factor into your website’s search rating.
– Your practice is immediately notified of all new online reviews so that you or your staff can quickly deal with any negative reviews.
– RAVE is the smart solution to protecting your online reputation.
– You can learn more by visiting the RAVE review site at ravereviewsystem.com or by calling SmartBox’s Digital Practice Consultants at 502-509-1413.
– Your online reputation is vital to your continuing success – particularly if you don’t want to go head-to-head with the Walmart of dentistry.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.