Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1091
Do your new dental prospects dicker with you over price? Do you find yourself cutting your prices because the competitor down the road is advertising a special for the same procedure? Is this really why you went to dental school – to become the Walmart of dentists? I don’t think so, and when we come back, I’ll tell how you can get paid what you’re worth – and have more fun doing what you love. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dental patients aren’t all created equal in terms of their value to your practice.
– You might think that’s a “Doh!” statement, but it bears looking into.
– On one hand, you’ve got a lot of prospects who really don’t care which dentist fixes their teeth.
– To this group, one dentist is as good as another.
– Why? Because today, dentists are viewed as being competent, period.
– Most dental prospects don’t understand the difference between a DDS and a DMD.
– And they don’t care whether, or where, you got postgrad training in cosmetic dentistry, or periodontal treatment, or whatever.
– You’re a dentist and you’re presumed to be able to provide adequate treatment.
– To these patients, the only things that factor into choosing one dentist over another are price, availability, and insurance acceptance.
– Don’t get me wrong – you can make a go of it with these patients, and many dentists do.
– But it’s actually costing those dentists money that they may not realize they’re spending.
– It’s much cheaper to keep an existing patient than to market to attract a new one.
– Are you getting a lot of these price-driven one-and-done patients?
– Then you have to constantly advertise to keep your new patient pipeline filled.
– For a lot of dentists, these low-value patients are the wide majority of the cases they handle.
– Are you one of those dentists?
– I hope not, because there’s a much better way to make a really good living as a dentist.
– Let’s start by comparing that group of patients with the other group – better patients.
– Better patients are about 20 to 30 percent of most markets.
– Those patients have the ability and the willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– They’re looking for more than competence and low price.
– These patients are looking for a trust-based relationship with a dentist and a dental practice.
– They’re concerned far more about their experience in your practice than they are about price.
– These better patients are people who stay, pay, and refer.
– They’ll willingly pay what you ask for various procedures, and they won’t price-shop you.
– How many of these better patients do you have in your practice?
– What would it do for your bottom line if you could greatly increase that number?
– I’m pretty sure it would transform your practice.
– Here’s the thing, though – you won’t get those better patients by advertising price, availability, and insurance acceptance.
– Those aren’t strong motivators for your better patients.
– You need to give them reasons up front to like you, trust you, and regard you as a dental expert.
– Today’s dental prospects overwhelmingly begin their search for a dentist online.
– It takes time and a very strong online presence that speaks to the needs, wants, and fears of the prospects you want.
– Attracting better patients is a process rather than an event.
– Most dentists don’t have the bandwidth to create and maintain that kind of online presence.
– It demands a very large amount of specific, trustworthy, and expert dental content.
– That’s a big part of the reason why most dentists are getting low-value patients.
– SmartBox works with more than 550 dentists on 3 continents to help them get more and better patients.
– Our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™ continues to transform how dentists attract the patients they want and need.
– And our work is backed by our 10 thousand dollar performance guarantee.
– Basically, we’ll get your phone ringing with a certain number of new patient calls.
– At the end of a year, you can ask for a performance audit.
– If we haven’t delivered what we promised, we’ll cancel the rest of your contract and send you a check for 10 grand.
– So if you’re tired of not getting paid what you’re worth, and you’re ready to get many more better patients, here’s what you should do.
– Visit www.PatientAttractionBlueprint.com and schedule a Practice Discovery Session call.
– We’ll show you how our Patient Attraction System™ can double or even triple your practice.
– Or you can keep getting paid less than what you’re worth, if that’s what you want.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.