Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1155
Now that the country appears to be on a spending spree and wages are rising, more and more dental patients will be looking for elective procedures. Teeth whitening, veneers, implants, and more are on the table. There’s considerable money to be made in these non-insurance, high-margin cases. Savvy dentists will take steps to position themselves as the dentist of choice in their markets. After the break, I’ll tell you the proven strategy to make sure those better prospects elect you as their dentist. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Last year, dental industry pundits identified growth in elective procedures as one of 2018’s opportunities.
– Since the federal government has passed tax reform, higher-income prospects will have even more money to pay for elective dental procedures.
– A significant number of teeth whitening treatments, veneers, implants, and full-mouth reconstructions can do wonders for a practice’s bottom line.
– But first, you have to get those cases.
– However, the other practices in your market will also be trying to attract those prospects.
– What will you do differently in your marketing approach?
– For most dentists, the first thought is to offer a lower price.
– Of course, it’s almost certain that one or more practices will undercut your price, which puts you and them into a price war.
– You can bleed away a lot of profit by trying to be the discount dentist.
– But that’s not the only problem with that strategy.
– As a dentist, you likely have a lot more discretionary income than the average person.
– When you go on vacation, are you looking for discount hotels?
– Probably not, because you’re more focused on comfort and amenities.
– You’re interested in having a great experience while you’re on vacation.
– Now, all things being equal, if two hotels in the same area offer comparable amenities, you might go for the cheaper one.
– But that’s a secondary consideration.
– Your better prospects with discretionary income aren’t clipping coupons.
– They’re looking for a superior experience.
– A superior omutcome is expected regardless of which dentist they choose.
– So, forget price as a motivator.
– You’ll just shoot yourself in the foot.
– Your marketing needs to take a broader approach that makes you the only logical choice for prospects with money to spend.
– To accomplish that, you need to invest heavily in reworking your online presence.
– Too many dentists talk about themselves, their training, and their publications.
– Few prospects understand the difference among postdoctoral training programs.
– Practically none of them will read your papers.
– They really don’t care about you.
– They care about what you can do for them and how you’ll treat them during their experiences in your practice.
– So, you’ll probably have to rework your website copy and your social media to emphasize the benefits of choosing you and your staff.
– The same goes for your email marketing newsletter if you have one, and even your postcard campaigns.
– That’s a time-intensive prospect, and it requires a different mindset to write all that copy to put the patient first.
– Not all dental practices have the bandwidth to handle that huge amount of writing.
– So this is something you might want to outsource.
– Just make sure you choose a provider with a proven track record of attracting better patients.
– That way, you can reposition your practice to attract prospects with the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist … while you continue to focus on making money.
– SmartBox works with dentists on 3 continents to help them succeed on their own terms.
– We provide a steady stream of more and better new patients so our doctors can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System™ can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– There’s money to be made on elective cases, and if you’re not properly positioned, someone else will be making it.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.