Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1219
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox.
– There are an awful lot of dentists out there who are living month-to-month.
– Not from a paying-the-bills standpoint but based on how many new patients they get.
– Their dental practice “boat” gets tossed up and down depending on how strong the new patient stream is.
– A run of bad months can put tremendous strain on your business.
– It’s a lousy, if traditional, way to run a dental practice.
– For one thing, it’s almost all price driven, which puts you in a race to the bottom.
– Even if you get more patients, your margins are thinner and you’ll earn less.
– It takes really deep pockets to be the low-price leader in dentistry for any length of time.
– And if you have corporate dentistry in your market, forget it.
– You’ll go broke with that approach.
– The chains have deeper pockets and economies of scale that allow them to offer ridiculously low prices.
– And yet, dentists keep taking a monthly or quarterly price-driven advertising approach because it’s what they see their competitors doing.
– This approach is seriously out-of-date because the world, and marketing, have moved on since it was invented.
– Dr. James Kiehl of New Hampshire knows all about price advertising.
– He said, “Some of the advertising I’ve done in the past was more offer-driven, free exam, X-ray kinds of things.
– “When you bring patients in that way, you’re chasing them with the next offer or they’re chasing you for the next offer, all the way down the line.”
– When you think about it, it’s not surprising that dental practice boats tend to spring a leak, over and over again.
– There’s a proven way for you to stop bailing out your boat and get your new patient stream and your practice on an even keel.
– And that’s SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attraction System®.
– Dr. Dick Davenport of Laredo, Texas, is a believer.
– He said, “Before we went live with SmartBox, we had 1 practice location.
– “And at that time, we were getting about 20 new patient opportunities a month.
– “Now, 11 months later, we have 2 practice locations, and we’re averaging about 70 to 75 new patient opportunities a month.
– “It’s been a big increase for us, and it’s all due to the targeted marketing that SmartBox has done for us.”
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System® can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– We’ll show you how SmartBox provides a steady stream of new patients so you can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Forget about roller-coaster advertising that leaves you bailing frantically to keep your practice afloat.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.