Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1245
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– I think it’s safe to say that the U.S. economy has recovered from the Great Recession.
– Numbers are up overall while unemployment is nearing record lows.
– With this ongoing boom, more and more people are looking for dental care.
– That sounds great until you consider what the vast majority of prospects want.
– They want the least amount of care at the lowest price.
– And they want the lowest price because, despite recent small gains, wages have been pretty much flat for more than a decade.
– People are working, but they can’t afford a lot of dental care because the cost of dental services has far outgrown their ability to pay.
– Crowds of low-value patients pretty much define the dental rat race … with bad cheese.
– The dentists I talk with tell me they’re practically running from room to room.
– They’re not just booked, they’re overbooked.
– A lot of practices have extended their hours or even remained open an additional day to cope with the flood.
– So they’re working too hard for too long for too little in return.
– This is a lousy way to run a dental practice – unless you have no outside life.
– Dr. Scott Watterson of Jackson, Michigan, has a life, and he wants to focus more on that.
– He said, “I have 4 kids and a wife and we’re all busy, but sometimes being busy practicing dentistry is not what I want to be busy doing.
– “I coach soccer, I am involved with my kids’ lives, I value my marriage, and we spend a lot of time together, but not enough.
– “And so, at the end of the day, at the end of life, I want to be able to look back and say I spent the time I needed to with those that mattered most.
– “I feel SmartBox is going to make a big difference in my practice moving forward.
– “And so, that’s what my goal is.”
– Does that sound like a pipe dream to you?
– If so, I understand.
– You’re probably too caught up in the rat race to look up and see that there’s more out there.
– There’s an old saying – when you’re up to your butt in alligators, it’s hard to remember that your original intention was to drain the swamp.
– So, we’ve got rats, and alligators, and dentists who are half killing themselves for not enough in return.
– Enough, already.
– Let’s end this.
– SmartBox provides a steady stream of better patients to our doctors so they can focus on doing the dentistry.
– But they get to do the dentistry on many more better patients.
– Those are patients with the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– Better patients make up about 30 percent of most markets, so it’s not like there’s a shortage.
– With better patients providing much higher average case value, you don’t have to work nearly as hard to make more money than you are now.
– And that gives you time for living and enjoying life.
– If you’re ready to quit the dental rat race, here’s what you need to do.
– Visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll schedule a 25-minute phone call with you at a convenient time.
– The results from that call will allow us to create your completely personalized Patient Attraction Roadmap™.
– Your free, no-obligation Roadmap will give you recommendations for thriving in your market.
– You don’t have to let the rats win – in fact, you don’t even have to race anymore when you partner with SmartBox.
– The “cheese” is a whole lot better, too.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.