News You Can Use
Welcome to the latest issue of Straight from the ’Box.
SmartBox Success features the next Front Office Success Seminar in September. The April event was a hit with our practices and doctors alike. Promises to be even better!
Our New in `Box recaps the amazing new benefits to you of BUZZ™! What’s new is that your social media is now done for you!
We’ll pull back the curtain on what we do for you and all our dentists every day in We Have Ignition. Now What?
Should you invest in additional SmartBox products? We break down the pros (many) and the cons (few) in Inquiring Minds.
And of course, you’ll learn Colin’s thoughts about The State of Web Marketing.
Thanks for reading Straight from the ’Box. As always, we’ll keep you posted.
The April event was a hit with our practices and doctors alike.
Maybe insert the quote from Dr. Wrather.
The lady [at my practice] who’ll be in charge of the BAT line completed the Front Office Success Seminar with Denise. That’s been worth at least 24 grand in production to me over the last month.
I’d say leave the quote where it is.
The September Front Office Success Seminar
One Of THE Most Valuable Investments You Can Make!
If you read last month’s issue, you know that SmartBox’s first Front Office Success Seminar was held on April 12th at SmartBox Headquarters in New Albany, Indiana.
A SmartBox exclusive, this one-day seminar is designed to enable your staff to appoint more new patients and even more fee-for-service patients.
And in case you’re wondering how effective the Front Office Success Seminar is, here’s what Dr. Roy Wrather of Tennessee has to say. ““The lady at my practice who’ll be in charge of the BAT line completed the Front Office Success Seminar with Denise. That’s been worth at least 24 grand in production to me over the last month.”
We can’t say that Dr. Wrather’s gains are typical – it’s too soon to know for sure. However, taking his results as a best-case scenario suggests that practices may realize an extra $300,000 a year just by having a front office team member attend this seminar.
Of course, your results might be an additional $75,000, $100,000, or $200,000… or even higher than Dr. Wrather’s.
We’re presenting Front Office Success again on Friday, September 20th!
The cost is just $179 per participant through the end of June; the price goes up on July 1. Your practice, or the attendees, are responsible for transportation and lodging. (We arrange a discounted rate at a nearby hotel.)
New in `Box
BUZZ™ Is Now DONE FOR YOU!
It’s Like Having Your Own, In-House Social Media Expert
Just in case you missed the emails, here’s great news for your practice.
BUZZ™ powered by My Social Practice will now make growing your practice’s social media presence faster and easier than ever!
Under our Professionally Managed Plan, an expert at My Social Practice will fully manage your practice’s entire social media presence, including:
- Content publishing
- Daily social media and reviews monitoring
- Responding to interactions and relaying messages
- Optimized post promotion (optional add-on)
- And more!
The Engagement Box you’ll still receive every two months allows and your staff to participate in your social media marketing as much (or as little) as you want. Regardless, the assigned social media expert will keep your social media presence working for you 24/7.
Many SmartBox dentists told us that they love BUZZ™, but their practices just didn’t have the bandwidth to make full use of its capabilities. That’s why we’ve introduced this change… at no additional cost, forever.
Questions? Talk with your CSM about our new Professionally Managed Plan for BUZZ™!
We Have Ignition. Now What?
Let’s Pull Back The Curtain
Our Behind-The-Scenes Efforts On Your Behalf
We’ve never made a secret of everything we do for our doctors. We haven’t emphasized it either; frankly, what we hear from dentists is that they’re sick of the nuts and bolts of marketing.
We get that. You went to dental school to become and work as a dentist.
Here’s a quick, 30,000-foot view of what you don’t see.
- We handle everything needed to get your practice’s listing seen That includes hundreds and hundreds of tasks that you don’t want to know about.
- We implement, track, and fine-tune your paid advertising to get more prospects visiting your website and/or calling for appointments.There’s a whole lot of keyword research and campaign monitoring that goes into that.
- We ensure consistency of messaging throughout every aspect of your, and your practice’s, online presence.
- We listen to every incoming call to your practice every month, evaluate those calls, and provide feedback to you so you can coach your staff.
- We get more and better new patients in your chairs.
And while we do all that, you’re free to focus on your patients, solve their dental problems, and be well paid to do it.
We both do what we do best. That’s a winning formula that’s not going to change.
Inquiring Minds (FAQs):
Why Should I Add Additional SmartBox Products?
Well, That Depends
Your service level may or may not include all the available SmartBox products. Odds are that you enjoy the benefits of at least some of the following:
- PracticeHQ™ marketing dashboard
- BUZZ™ powered by My Social Practice
- Patient Attraction Phone Training™ & Certification
- New Patient Assistant
- RAVE™ Reputation Management
- Shock & Awe Program
The answer to whether you should invest in additional products depends which products you already have and what you’re looking to achieve.
– If you need a stronger and more impactful social media presence, BUZZ™ is the done-for-you social media solution.
– If your front office isn’t converting enough new callers to appointed patients, choose our Patient Attraction Phone Training™ & Certification.
– Need to free up your front office’s time from handling routine inquiries? New Patient Assistant is the answer.
– Feel that you should be getting more traffic visiting your website? Consider Local360 to optimize your practice information across the internet.
– Are your online reviews and ratings not as strong as you’d like? RAVE™ will take care of that.
– And if you offer, and want to emphasize, implants, there’s no better way than to achieve that than with our Shock & Awe program.
Different issues demand different solutions; that’s why we provide such a broad (and growing) list of innovative products.
Have a talk with your CSM about enhancing your new patient attraction, conversion, and retention efforts by adding additional SmartBox products.
A Slight Change Of Focus
It can take a surprisingly long time to catch a BGO – a Blinding Glimpse of the Obvious.
Here’s my BGO, and it involves you.
Your bottom line is what really matters.
No matter what your future plans are, your bottom line is going to enable them or prevent you from realizing them. That might sound like an overstatement, so I’ll break it down.
You hire new employees with profits, not production.
Your practice can run for a long time without hitting production goals. Your practice won’t survive long missing profit goals.
If you want to expand your services, the number of associates, and/or the number of practice locations, you’ll need a bottom line that will support that.
If you want to transition to a more specialized practice such as implants or cosmetic dentistry, you need the funds to basically tide you over until the new practice model pays off.
Want time away from the practice which so many dentists do these days? Then your bottom line has to be healthy enough that you won’t miss that income.
If you want to sell your practice, its valuation will one of the prime determinants of its sale price. The bottom line is only one factor in valuation, but it’s a crucial one.
Enough. Your bottom line is what really matters, and from now on, converting your investment with SmartBox into a bottom line that you’ll be very pleased with will be our singular focus.
We’ve always kept an eye on that, but now we’re laser-focused on your profitability.
As always, I’ll keep you posted.
Keep Moving Forward,
Colin Receveur, Founder & CEO