News You Can Use
Welcome to the latest issue of Straight from the ’Box.
Dentists are in the business of seeing patients and solving their dental problems. That’s what makes them money, and anything that distracts dentists or staff from those functions costs time and money. In this issue, you’ll see profiles of two of SmartBox’s latest, amazingly affordable products: BUZZ and New Patient Assistant. Both will free up valuable staff time and increase your bottom line.
Speaking of bottom lines, have you ever thought about transforming your general practice into one offering more focused services? That might sound like an overwhelming prospect, but it doesn’t have to be. The Dental Practice Transformation Seminar coming up in May will show you how to create the practice of your dreams.
As a member of the SmartBox family of dentists, you may have wondered what other dentists ask their CSMs about. We’re including the top 5 inquiries in this issue. You might find yourself among their number, or it might trigger something you want to ask your CSM about.
Finally, we’re reposting an article about why it’s a bad idea to keep checking your search engine results page (SERP) ranking. With competition for online placement stronger than ever, you can’t afford to shoot yourself in your metaphorical foot!
Thanks for reading Straight from the ’Box. As always, we’ll keep you posted.
New in the Box
Introducing The New Patient Assistant
NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH: The Next Assistant You Should Hire
There’s a lot of “churn” at dental practices’ front offices. That churn consists of prospects who call and waste a lot of staff time on routine inquiries that don’t go anywhere.
There’s a better way to handle the churn: SmartBox’s New Patient Assistant!
New Patient Assistant is a done-for-you “chatbot” that resides on your website. The chatbot’s responses to routine inquiries can be tailored specifically for your practice to give a personal feel to prospect interactions.
The New Patient Assistant will:
- Answer routine questions that take up your front desk staff’s valuable time.
- Help determine whether the prospect needs an appointment.
- Respond to appointment requests.
- Reduce the amount of time your staff spends scheduling patients as they have already been prequalified.
- Answer inquiries about the services you offer and days/hours of operation.
- Offer a call-back from your office or provide your practice’s phone number if questions become too complex.
Your front office is freed up to convert and appoint prospects, give more attention to in-office patients, and handle the thousand-and-one other things that actually make you money.
Oh, and the New Patient Assistant is amazingly affordable. For more information, talk with your CSM.
We Have Ignition. Now What?
Is Your Practice BUZZ(ing)?
If Not, We Know Why
A lot of SmartBox dentists have responded to the emails we sent regarding BUZZ, and for good reason.
Social media marketing is an essential aspect of your practice marketing these days. But creating and maintaining a steady stream of new content for your Facebook, Twitter, and other accounts chews up a lot of staff time.
BUZZ is the innovative, practice-based social media system that lets your patients do the heavy lifting for you.
- iPad Photo Studio allows patients to take pictures of themselves and your staff while they’re in your practice. The photos are forwarded to the patients for posting on social media, which avoids any HIPAA issues and also increases your visibility!
- Campaign Materials are sent to your practice every other month. These professionally created materials will have your practice feeling the BUZZ! Patients love them!
- Social Media Publisher puts a huge library of professionally created posts at your fingertips. Easily brand the posts with your practice and schedule for publication! With new content every week, you’ll never run out of effective, eye-catching posts!
As with all of SmartBox’s innovative products, BUZZ is amazingly affordable. Find out more by having a chat with your CSM.
The Practice Transformation Seminar
Let’s bottom-line this: Dr. Ron Receveur was a general practice dentist who transformed his practice and grew his revenues from $800K to $3.5 million in just five years.
And he did it while working just 3 days a week and doing only the cases he loves.
If that sounds too good to be true, rest assured that it’s not. In fact, Dr. Ron is showing dentists how to achieve similar results in their practices!
The Dental Practice Transformation Seminar is May 16-17 in Nashville, Tennessee. In this groundbreaking two-day event, Dr. Ron will cover:
- How to transition from insurance dependency and general practice – the fears, the steps, and the missteps
- How to market to attract the patients you want
- Why charging $300-$500 for a consult beats “free consults” EVERY time
- How to become THE Expert in your niche and market area
- How to talk to the patients and close the BIG cases
- How to overcome every objection from your patients before they occur
- How to get 92% of your patients approved for financing for their treatment
- Why you must and how to DOMINATE your market area
And much more.
You can get discounted pricing for early registration, but the discount decreases the closer you get to the seminar date.
Interested? Talk with Lora Mindel at (502) 305-1334 or email [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
The Top Five Questions The CSM Team Receives Each Week
You’ve got questions, and we’ve got answers. Here, in no particular order, are the Top 5 questions that our CSMs hear every week … and the answers!
1. What are some ways to increase my conversion rate and get more new patients scheduling?
Conversion from prospect to appointed patient usually happens over the phone. Front office staff do the best they can, but few have had professional training in identifying the objection behind the objection, taking control of the call, and asking for the appointment at the perfect time.
SmartBox’s proprietary, dental practice-specific Patient Attraction Phone Training™ & Certification program will turn your front office into a new patient-appointing powerhouse.
2. Is there more SEO that can be done for my website?
SmartBox’s dedicated content team can produce new SEO pages for your website to further boost your search engine results page (SERP) ranking. Talk with your CSM about adding additional SEO pages for your site.
3. Does SmartBox post on social media for me?
Package clients typically have their website blogs written by our content team. Unless you specify otherwise, those blog posts are automatically posted to your Facebook page. You can also add BUZZ, the comprehensive social media solution for dental practices that empowers your patients to do the heavy lifting for you.
4. How do I prepare for my upcoming video shoot?
The short answer is, relax! Our team will walk you, your staff, and your patients who are providing testimonials through each step so that the entire shoot goes smoothly.
5. What else can I be doing to supercharge my results more?
SmartBox has a growing list of innovative products designed to do exactly that:
The State Of Success
Maybe Yes, Maybe No
Right now, it looks like the economic outlook is growing more uncertain by the day. That’s not good news for dentists, particularly those who were in practice during the Great Recession of 2008.
That’s not to say that the U.S. is facing another recession. Absolutely NO ONE has that answer. However, I think it would be foolish to say that another recession couldn’t happen. There’s no way to know in advance whether a downturn would be as severe as the one in 2008, but that’s the way to bet: hope for the best, but plan for the worst.
There are steps you can take to protect your livelihood and keep your practice on a solid financial footing. You’ve already taken the first and most important step – you’ve partnered with SmartBox, either as a package client or by using our new and innovative products specifically designed for dental practices.
A severe recession impacts everyone. But the better patients that SmartBox helps you attract are much more likely to be able to seek out and pay for dental services, even during a recession.
We’ll take all appropriate steps to ensure that every SmartBox dentist continues to thrive. But – you know your market, your prospects, and your patients best. We’ll need your input to ensure that the steps we take – if any are needed – will be maximally effective.
Keep Moving Forward,
Colin Receveur, Founder & CEO
A Blast From The Past
Don't Google Yourself Or Your Practice
This article is a reprint from March 2018. Why are we running it again? Because it’s as true now as it was then … or even more so given that competition for top Google listings is hotter than ever!
Should I Google Myself?
There are a lot of search engine optimization myths floating around, and this is one of them … sort of.
It’s perfectly fine to Google yourself and your business once in a while. It’s when you continually Google your business or yourself just to check your search engine results page ranking that problems can arise.
If you search but don’t click on your listing, Google is eventually going to stop showing that listing because the search engine thinks it’s irrelevant to the search you’re performing.
There are different issues if you Google yourself or your practice and do click. Clicking on your site listing and then clicking away increases your “bounce” rate, which hurts SEO rankings. And if you click one of your paid ads, you’re costing yourself money.
Googling oneself or one’s business repeatedly is a lose-lose proposition. Don’t give into the temptation.