Nurture Your Dental Prospects One “Drip” At A Time

Savvy marketers want to reach prospects who are ready, willing, and able to use the services or buy the products they promote. Marketing-savvy dentists such as yourself want to attract prospects who are ready, willing, and able to use the niche services they offer.

But what if those prospects are not ready to set up an appointment the first time they visit your website? Research tells us no more than 8 percent of first-time visitors will be ready. The pro move is to give the other 92 percent something just for visiting your site. It can be an electronic or paper book, newsletter, free report, or anything your patient would find of value.

That builds trust with your prospects and gives you permission to communicate with them in the future. From there, you can continue to “drip” information and messages to those prospects until they are ready to schedule an appointment.

Why Drip Marketing?

Good gardeners will tell you that plants do better when watered in small, regular doses. Dental prospects respond to marketing in much the same way. A buying decision is the result of a process, rather than a discrete event. It can take up to 12 contacts before a consumer decides to do business with a particular individual or group.

But no businessperson – and you are a businessperson – wants to spend all of his or her time and resources building a dental marketing system and sending out emails, postcards, and text messages, hoping that the message sticks.

Every new prospect enters your sales funnel at a different point in time and with specific concerns. You can burn through a lot of staff time matching prospects to problems and manually sending out emails that match each prospect’s place in your sales funnel.

That’s why automatic drip marketing and autoresponders are so effective.

Drip marketing uses software to ensure that the right follow-up emails are sent to the right prospects at the right times. Nurturing prospects is a process that requires carefully crafted, prospect-specific content released at predetermined intervals. Sending information on dentures to 20-somethings isn’t going to get you much traction, just like information on teeth whitening sent to the edentulous makes the wrong impression.

But the right information to the right prospect at the right time keeps you in front of your prospects until they’re ready to choose you to solve their dental problems.

THAT is how you grow patients!

If you’re ready to start sowing the seeds of a more successful practice, contact us at (866) 731-1776. SmartBox provides automated dental email marketing as part of the comprehensive dental marketing services included in our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™. And all SmartBox dentists enjoy the benefits of customized dental marketing precisely “dialed in” for their markets and the demographics of their patient base.

If you’re still undecided, feel free to look around our website at the topics that interest you most. You can also click here to see the results we’ve achieved for hundreds of dentists across the country.