The mission of the Controller is to serve as a leader in the area of financial management, internal controls, and strengthening the financial health of the organization with an unwavering passion and drive for continuous improvement and sustainment.
KEY DELIVERABLES AND ONBOARDING:
- Shadow outgoing Controller with weekly a/p, a/r, payroll, cash flow projections, reconciliations, statements and reports
- Shadow outgoing controller with first month close out process
- Gain understanding of three business entities and needs of each
- Assist outgoing Controller with weekly a/p, a/r, payroll, cash flow projections, reconciliations, statements and reports
- Assist outgoing controller with second month close out process
- Complete weekly a/p, a/r, payroll, cash flow projections, reconciliations, statements and reports with minimal assistance from outgoing controller
- Complete third month close out process and quarterly close out
- You’re off and running on your own!
- Manage all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, GL with Cash and Accrual Accounting (all our a/r is automated except for when a payment fails)
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Handle month-end, quarterly, and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Work with outsourced HR/payroll provider
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Bi-Weekly payroll and payroll department allocations
- Weekly cash flow projections
- Coordinate, prepare, and update accordingly budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Reconciliations, expense reports, credit card management for employees, and reports to CEO
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month/quarter/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills. Quickbooks Online, Excel, and Google Sheets experience a plus
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- 7+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
SmartBox is a fast-growing international digital marketing company that creates award-winning marketing and patient attraction solutions for dentists and dental professionals. An industry leader in video storytelling, web design and creative writing, the company looks into the future to meet the needs of today’s dentists.
Our pioneering technology is being used to transform how dentists market themselves online and create innovative ways of engaging the specific patients dentists want. At SmartBox, every client is a long-term partner and we have a multi-talented, high-performing team to anticipate their needs and help create the dental practice they have always desired.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Assume Positive Intent – Seeing the best in others no matter the situation limits drama and conflict which improves teamwork.
- The Captain Always Knows – As leaders of our clients and teammates, we have to exude the confidence that our current course is a strong one.
- Own It – Beating around the bush on issues slows your ability to learn and our ability to act. OWN IT, and everything improves faster.
- Lock Step – Whether or not we agree on a course of direction isn’t important. What’s important is that we proceed working together.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Full health/dental/vision/disability benefits package
- 4% 401k match
- “Best Place To Work” 3 Years and Counting
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote & flexible work environment
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Awesome & collaborative team